¨ Can you communicate perfectly until you get to a hot-button issue?
¨ Do you have the same vicious-circle arguments over and over?
¨ Is it hard to let go of the past?
¨ Did your previous marriage counseling stir issues up without getting to the root?
A NO-NONSENSE AND POSITIVE APPROACH TO MARRIAGE COUNSELING!
- WHEN YOU NEED HELP STAT - 3-hour sessions designed to help you to get 3 month's worth of counseling done in every session.
- GET TO THE ROOT - In your first session we will do an emotional evaluation, a set of exercises designed to allow underlying emotions and issues to come to the surface so we can map out the root causes and give you a sneak preview of how wonderful your realtionship can be when those root causes are gone..
- BUILD ON YOUR STRENGTHS - Build on the strengths of your relationship, the peak experiences that made you fall in love in the first place.
- GET RID OF TOXIC EMOTIONS - Eliminate the hurt, anger and resentment that poison your marriage.
- COMMUNICATE WITH LOVE, ACCEPTANCE & RESPECT - Be amazed when you and your spouse can talk about all of your hot-button issues with nothing but mutual Love, Acceptance & Respect.
My approach is dramatically different from traditional 45-minutes-a-week-for-a-year talk therapy in a number of important ways;Sessions last as long as you need them to:
- 90-minute sessions where we try to get a month's worth of counseling done in a single session or
- 3-hour sessions where we try to get 3 months of counseling done in each session.
- One month of weekly intensive sessions
- One intensive session a month for four months.
You Can’t Communicate Through a Fog of Hurt, Anger & Resentment
When you try to talk to your spouse about a hot-button issue, they experience toxic feelings of hurt, anger and resentment. These emotions temporarily shut down positive feelings and trigger a fight-or-flight reaction.
As your spouse shifts into fight-or-flight mode they develop tunnel-vision and become short-sighted, narrow-minded and self-centered. Does this sound familiar?
Instead of listening and understanding, they become obsessed with defending themselves and planning their next attack. What could have been communication becomes interrogation, what should have been problem solving becomes a vicious-circle fight.
I Will Help You to Communicate with Love, Acceptance & Respect
While traditional talk therapy teaches communication skills, many couples can communicate perfectly well until their emotions get in the way. I focus on helping you develop the right emotional climate for healthy and productive communication and real problem solving.
I help you to identify and strengthen the positive parts of your relationship, the peak experiences that helped you fall in love in the first place.
Then I show you how to use these strengths to not only move yourself into a place of love, acceptance and respect but to also eliminate the hot buttons that drag you or your spouse into hurt, anger or resentment.
Once you have cleared the emotional fog, you both can start to listen with your hearts, understand things from your spouse’s perspective and communicate in a way your spouse can best hear. You become effective problem solvers, finding new win-win solutions to old viscous-circle fights.